Monday, December 21, 2015

Ground Force One

Betwixt the flabby cheeks of time that it took me to think of writing this and the last post, I managed to conclude (by means of photographic interpretation; guitar player issue circa 2004) that I soldered the rear PCB ground DIRECTLY to the RING pin.

*The proper location for the chassis-left ground is the self terminating ring terminal.

+Fixed XLR ground location

+Reinstalled C7, R20; XLR PCB;; in discussion with the engineer who designed the amplifier about how to fornicate the bypassing of requency emulation on the DI.

*Unfortunately, my new acquaintance is unable to support the modification of this amp.  He was kind enough, however, to outline the complete list of components that handle emulation on the XLR pcb.

XLR FREQUENCY EMULATION COMPO
R20, R21, R22, and C7.

This adds two components to the prior list.

I also bent the terminating parts of the 1/4" speaker jacks in such a way that they were always shorted to ground.  Problem problem.

&I plan on creating a walkthrough for rebuilding 1/4" self terminating jacks.  Something I reasoned out do last night and completed successfully in the morning.  Makes clean removal of jack and pins an assurance rather than gamble

Still no confirmation on 50W OP mode functionality.



hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 

No comments:

Post a Comment